In this episode of the Magnetic Memory Method Podcast, Jonathan Levi talks about how to become a SuperLearner using speed reading and memory techniques.
Tune in now and learn:
* Why speed reading is not snake oil and Jonathan’s amazing bucket, hose and water metaphor for understanding your memory.
* Why long term memory functionally has no limit and how to maximize what you can place inside your mind.
* The precise meaning of what a “superlearner” is and how to achieve this ability not just in your mind, but in your body too.
* Why you must change how you digest and interact with information in order to improve how you learn and memorize information.
* How to get more done in less time when it comes to learning just about anything.
* Why improving your mind is like putting advanced cabling into a house.
* Why the memory tool “chunking” may not be good for learning every single topic and why you need to have multiple tools.
* The relationship between driving manual transmission in your car and using your memory.
* Why adults learn differently and how to make sure that you can fulfill this requirement throughout your life.
* Why Jonathan doesn’t use the word “mnemonics” and why it caused all kinds of suffering and even made him resent learning.
* The “kinesiology tape” phenomenon and how it relates to memory competitions and the culture of memory games discussed in Joshua Foer’s Moonwalking With Einstein.
* The Daniel Tammet issue and how it relates to psychics, mentalists and magicians (and why you should never fraudulently represent your advanced memory abilities once you’ve developed them).
* Jonathan’s amazing story of demonstrating exactly how someone who thought she had a bad memory easily memorized a phone number using memory techniques – without even realizing it!
* The two dominant ways to memorize huge strings of numbers and the kind Jonathan relies upon predominantly – including the reason why the Major Method is not his go-to method.
* How to use association to memorize pronunciation (using a fatty example from Russian).
* How Jonathan used Superlearning to solve his knee pain and restoring himself to health.
* SMART goals and why using them will help you become a Superlearner and maximize your time.
Resources Mentioned On The Podcast:
About Jonathan Levi:
Jonathan Levi is an experienced entrepreneur and angel investor from Silicon Valley. After successfully selling his Inc 5,000 rated startup in April of 2011, Levi packed up for Israel, to gain experience at Rhodium, a Venture Capital Firm specializing in New Media and Mobile. While in Israel, Levi enlisted the help of speed-reading expert and university professor Anna Goldentouch, who tutored him in speed-reading, advanced memorization, and more. Levi saw incredible results while earning his MBA from INSEAD, and was overwhelmed with the amount of interest his classmates expressed in acquiring the same skill set. Since acquiring this superlearning skill, he has become a proficient lifehacker, optimizing and “hacking” such processes as travel, sleep, language learning, and fitness.