In this week’s episode of the Magnetic Memory Method Podcast, you’ll learn:
* Why David Mansaray’s Language is Culture Podcast is one of the finest language learning resources you’ll ever find online.
* Why you need to join David’s Lovers of Language and Culture Facebook group immediately.
* Why the idea that mnemonics are artificial is a dangerous meme (and how to stop worrying about the natural/artificial division and start loving all learning methods).
* Exactly how and when to use rote learning to achieve your goals in ways that won’t bore you to death and fritter away your energy when you could be using lightning-fast memory techniques.
* Why Memory Palaces are the ultimate solution for memorizing foreign language vocabulary if nothing else works.
* The most powerful way to think about context and language learning and how to unleash its power.
* Why the number 13 is so awesome for overcoming any fears you might have.
* The REAL reason you need to go to the library and stop trying to learn everything online.
* Exactly why “natural” language learning involves more artificial means than any other language learning technique.
* Why NOT using index cards and paper for rote-learning and using memory techniques instead can reduce emissions and save the planet.
* The precise relationship between memory techniques and martial arts and how to make sure you can find the balance between them (even when you’re not in a fighting mood).
* Why using the associative-imagery involved in mnemonics will never confuse you or make you juggle your thoughts any more than you’re already juggling them anyway.
* How to assess critical comments and book reviews you read online and think for yourself about language learning and mnemonics.
* Why you need to fly in the face of authority in order to make strides in your language learning efforts.
* Why authority is a thing of the past and how to make sure you’re listening to the right people who are teaching the right things.
* … and much, much more.