Tansel Ali is possibly the most positive memory champion on the planet.
Turns out there’s a solid reason why.
A few reasons, actually.
And in this episode of the Magnetic Memory Method Podcast, I speak with 4x Australian Memory Champion Tansel Ali talks about memory improvement and positive thinking.
This may well be the most valuable hour you spend listening to a podcast about memory improvement.
In addition to discussing the role of gratitude in coming up with effective visualizations when using mnemonics, Tansel discusses the importance of reading, memorizing cards with music on and focusing on the right things to maximize performance in your memory and life.
Plus, when you scroll up and click play above, you’ll soon discover…
* Why Tansel was originally skeptical about memory improvement and thought all TV memory trainers were fake.
* The factors responsible for making people suspicious of memory techniques because they seem like magic “tricks.”
* How Tansel wound up at his first memory competition and took second place.
* The other rewards memory improvement brings you, including mindset, job performance and fun.
* Tansel’s transition from memory competition to enhancing his own life and the lives of others through teaching memory.
* Why you need to continue challenging your memory almost like the physical training of the body to keep the mind in top shape.
* Exactly how participating in memory competitions help you develop preparation and developing positive self-talk.
* Why Tansel sometimes FORCES himself NOT to use memory techniques in order to challenge his brain. This is a very powerful study tip.
* Tansel’s definition of consistency and the development of successful habits that you can use to challenge yourself.
* Why you should go without fear of making mistakes for the health of your brain and the development of effective discipline.
* Tansel’s personal training regime and how he makes it count.
* How Tansel thinks about visualization as a kind of muscle and how he trains it for competition.
* A quick comparison of Alex Mullen’s training regime and Tansel’s focus on efficiency to improve the right skills and maximize performance.
* A discussion of aphantasia and why you don’t actually have to see pictures in your mind to use memory techniques.
* How Tansel uses feelings and thinking in words to create mnemonic imagery – and why feeling creates more impact.
* How to give the mnemonic imagery you create greater value through personalization.
* Practical reasons you should memorize cards. For one thing, they set you up to make creative decisions that goes beyond just remembering information. And here are 13 more reasons you should have a system for remembering cards.
* Tansel’s thoughts on music and memory and how he memorizes cards with music playing.
* The benefits of training your memory and where to start (also discussed in this video):
* The importance of making memory training fun and interesting, rather than a chore.
* Tansel’s history with apps for memory training and meditation and how to reduce stress.
* How Tansel changed from wallowing in negativity to living in positivity.
* Why we both approach shows like Breaking Bad with caution in order to maintain a positive mindset. Not that Breaking Bad can’t be useful for memory improvement, as you can see here:
* The role of gratitude in increasing the value of your imagination by focusing on specifics.
* Why “the law of attraction” is useless without taking action – and how you can use mindset to create the excitement needed to make sure you achieve your goals.
* Why Tansel wishes he had read more as a young person.
* Tansel’s take on Digital Amnesia and why he chooses to see the positive side of the debate about the so-called Google Effect.
I want to thank Tansel for being on the show and thank you for listening. Please be sure to grab his books, visit his site and get connected on his various online platforms using the links below.