In this episode of the Magnetic Memory Method Podcast, you’ll hear from language learning expert, Luca Lampariello.
In this thrilling, 45-minute interview, you’ll learn:
* Why fluency is really nothing more than the capacity to assemble the pieces of a language together.
* How to think of language as a net (so that you can go fishing for phrases).
* The epiphany the point where the language is engrained in your brain.
* Why just a couple of books is more than enough when studying a new language.
* Why languages are like a group of friends.
* How the simple act of smiling can deepen your language learning efforts.
* What to do if you find yourself practicing your language with unpleasant people.
* Why learning a language is like courting a lover.
* How to balance quality and quantity when it comes to learning vocabulary.
* Solid tips on using Skype for language learning.
* Why establishing a “time line” is essential to language learning.
* How you can learn up to 40 sentences in just one hour.
* How involving your emotions enhances your learning capacity.
* Why you need to avoid criticism and negative feedback when learning a language.
* How to used spaced-time repetition the right way.
* Luca’s personal experiences with the journey method and the method of loci.
* What Luca learned about mnemonics while studying to be an interpreter.
* How to develop your natural capacity for associating new vocabulary with places and feelings.
* How to vary your activities to maximize your learning curve.
* Why you should think in terms of structures and phrases instead of words.
* The difference between a beginner and an intermediate language learner.
* The number one principle behind all language learning.
* … and much, much more.
Luca’s methods are groundbreaking, riveting and fun. Every day you’re not putting his wisdom to work and studying a foreign language, you’re leaving part of life’s pleasure behind.
Anthony Metivier is the founder of the Magnetic Memory Method, a systematic, 21st Century approach to memorizing foreign language vocabulary in a way that is easy, elegant, effective and fun.