Time-tracking is a pretty cool technique, isn't?
Here's an add-on that will make it even cooler:
The Three Magical Coins technique is a way of deciding which tasks are the most important to track based on how they improve your life.
- Gold coins are tasks that give you the most in return for the time you spend.
- Silver coins give you the second highest return.
- Copper coins give you the least.
Now, identifying which coin belongs to which task is a bit of an art and, as often happens in life, the emphasis can change.
But in general, your mind should already be zipping through the "currency" of your daily activities and assigning each with a coin, gold, silver or copper.
Fun, isn't it?
Now all you've got to do is place those gold coin activities at the top of your mind and do them first.
In the example I gave, all the activities I started this day with are gold coin activities.
Because spending time being grateful, eating, exercising and meditating are the most gold coin activities I do.
Emailing responses to the important people who take my courses is also a gold coin activity because the value I provide at the individual level changes lives.
It also lets me keep my finger on the pulse of the fears and anxieties people I have about memory that I can help solve.
There's always more to know - and the more I know, the more golden this gold coin of mine grows.
Finally, writing this letter to you is a gold coin task that has perhaps the greatest value of all.
Because, even though many of us haven't met, I know that if you put the techniques in this email to work in your life, you'll find the improvements unforgettable.
Which means you'll continue using them and that will make your corner of the world a much better place.
This is great because you'll soon be spreading the word about this techniques. And the more people focus on good coin activities first, the more we can collectively get the most out of our time.
So here's all you have to do:
- Optimize your time by tracking it
- Optimize your time by focusing on the best activities that produce the highest yield.
- Optimize your activities so that you can do them so fast, you have time for even more gold coins. This will allow you to eventually remove the silver and copper coins from your life altogether. (That's a topic for another time, but believe me - it's 100% possible.)
Listen, I know what you're thinking: