In this episode of the Magnetic Memory Method Podcast, I talk about a strange book called How to Memorize the Bible Quick and Easy in 5 Simple Steps that claims mnemonics are a form of witchcraft!
In addition to debunking this claim, in today’s episode you’ll learn:
* The real reason I wrote How to Learn and Memorize the Psalms of the Bible.
* Why I have been asked to help people stop memorizing the scripture.
* Why actually reading scripture may be more important than memorizing them.
* How the laws of physics, force and velocity relate to the universal principles of mnemonics and Memory Palace construction.
* Why you need to take dedicated memory training so that you can learn to build effective Memory Palaces, understand journeys and asssociative-imagery and learn Recall Rehearsal.
* Why memorizing textbooks verbatim is not necessarily the best goal and an invitation to learn how to do it the right way.
* Why books that mix mnemonics and theology are can be dangerous for your health (and what to read instead).
* Why asking God to help you memorize the Bible will probably involve a dedicated memory technique (possibly even the Magnetic Memory Method).
* Why belief (not faith) can be a mnemonic strategy and how to properly place it.
* Why memorizing only the material that leaps out at you might be good for “bibliomancy” when memorizing a textbook, but probably won’t help you when trying to memorize scripture verbatim.
* Why mnemonics are most certainly not blasphemous.
* Why mnemonics bears absolutely no relationship to witchcraft (because witchcraft doesn’t exist).
* Why memorizing long strings of numbers is absolutely fantastic for building your memory skills.
* The relationship between weight-lifting and memory skills.
* Why rote-learning is the “blunt force hammer” of learning.
* The benefits of reading books twice before you memorize them (either in whole or in part).
* The mysteries of “chunking” and “rechunking.”
* Why the future of the human species is going to be better than its past.
* Why the words “atheist” and “agnostic” are ridiculous words (but not ones that should be forgotten).
* Why Memory Palaces and location-based memory techniques are the best of all mnemonic methods.
* Exactly how to ensure that you never forget where you left your keys again.
* How to find more Memory Palaces than you can shake a Magnetic stick at.
* Why your memory has no saturation point whatsoever.
* How to leverage the natural ability of the mind to memorize all the information you could ever want.
* … and much, much more!
If you’re interested here’s the book talked about in the podcast:
Here’s my book about how to memorize the psalms:
And this is the video course I mentioned that goes even deeper into memorizing verse in general. Use coupon code “nonstrology” for a special introductory discount on your one time investment in this revolutionary memory training. It comes with a 30-day Magnetic Decision Guarantee. 🙂
+Anthony Metivier is the founder of the Magnetic Memory Method, a systematic, 21st Century approach to memorizing foreign language vocabulary, dreams, names, music, poetry and much more in ways that are easy, elegant, effective and fun.